We recognise the following stakeholders and will engage applying good corporate governance. We are committed to a stakeholder inclusive approach:
- Mossel Bay community
- Government and regulators
- Business partners
- Industry and business associations
Black Economic Empowerment Act. Afro Fishing is currently a B-BEEE level 1 company.
Our food policy
Afro Fishing strives to provide high quality, safe and affordable canned product to our consumers. We therefore adhere to the most stringent food safety regulations. Afro Fishing is a HACCP approved food processing establishment in terms of EU and FDA regulations. We follow all applicable food manufacturing regulations and legal requirements. Afro Fishing is pursuing a Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) Assessment/Audit. The food safety management system being implemented to achieve this is the ISO 22000 standard.
We will strive to:
- Harvest and utilise our natural resources sustainably and responsibly
- Achieve compliance with all environmental legislation
- Apply ‘best practise’ and environmentally friendly technologies
- Engage in activities to improve the environment and reduce our impact